FOUR WALLS - 1




Living for years in the solitude of my being,
Listening to the jargon of my feud internal,
All I want is to break free from the shackles,
All I want is to be free, natural!

What shackles cannot be broken?
What shackles cannot be undone?
All that rises in the mist above the earth,
Beautiful rainbow, the prism of the sun.

The duality of my being, happy painful existence,
The rigour of life saps away continually, cruelly,
A smile covers the remnants of war raging within,
The miscellany of a life lived rashly, dangerously.

I hear shrill voices, calling out from the depths of Hades,
The bugle within blares, the war cry sounds,
With all might, the heart trudges on,
The battle is not over, the tussle will go on.

How far can I travel, a prisoner of time gone by?
The weight of time heavy on my shoulders lies,
Winding the clock to the moment of wreckage,
Among the strewn ashes of my fate I lie.

The Phoenix within reaches out for the skies,
With brazen wounds, covered in ash I rise,
Moments of anguish, pain, loneliness and silence,
Head between my feet, I have paid the price!

Shackles chase me through my flight,
The iron seeks to bind me, hold my flight,
I am breaking free from the cares that blind,
I want to shed the shackles, on the wind glide!

The rain of love douses the fiery dragon of time,
The steadfast purity of friendship offers solace,
Life calls again, from the reaches of the soul,
“No more pain”, is its promise!

I know! I am trudging on eggshells!
I know I will fall! Yet, like the Phoenix, I will rise!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prem ka Intekal

In Pursuit of Happiness