Battle by Night!

A silver beam tears through the window,
My eyes damp soak the pillow,
The calm and still night,
The battle continues, I have to fight!

Trudging ahead, looking behind,
No love left, no eyes kind,
With a judging heart they stare,
Oh how I wish I couldn't care!

Serene and silent the night comes,
Draining the strength; I had mustered some,
The bugle sounds, a soft screech,
Peace within is out of reach.

I wield my pen, my woes to write,
Drenched eyes stain the paper white,
As ink meets paper, hands write,
The future does seem a little bright!

The battle within can I contain?
From the war can I abstain?
All my love and trophies lay bare,
Oh how I wish I couldn't care!

My eyes look at the starry sky,
My heart is down, I want to cry,
The twinkling little things, from far away smile,
Hope rekindled, albeit for a while.

The moon in all its splendour shines,
Even with its blemishes shines,
Finding flaws with all that I am,
When will this end, damn!

Smiling at the moon, the happy heart sings,
The twinkling stars, the light that they bring,
The love for life, a hope to my being,
All my cares seem to be leaving.

Eyes open to the beauty of the day,
The moon is down, the sun on its way,
The battle begins, the pointed fingers dare
Oh how I wish I couldn't care!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prem ka Intekal

In Pursuit of Happiness

FOUR WALLS - 1