Four Walls - 2


Trapped in the labyrinth of life,
Looking for a way out of the mess,
The heart silently beats away,
The mind seems calm, at rest.

As my temple touches my knees,
Tears roll down my cheeks,
My being cringes at the thought of another war,
My mind is relentless, the heart meek.

Another challenge of life seems near,
All the energy ebbs out, drains me,
A warrior without a sword, I walk on,
I just need to be!

But how long can I face this monstrosity?
How much will I have to suffer?
How will I gather my strength?
Will I make it? Will I survive?

Things that are wrong, things that pull me down?
The strength of will or the strength of might?
Trudging on to make my life....
The force of dark or the force of right?

No answers seem to come to mind,
As I trudge along the solitary way,
Not even a Solitary Reaper,
Whose song would make my day!

Well, as days go by, I surely will,
Find a way to make the way uphill,
I will plant the flag of honor up high,
The road is a long one still!

I sat there, muzzled by the four walls around me,
Loneliness personified before me,
I gaze into the silverness on the wall,
I see a lonely face, fighting back sadness with a smile.

The smile was what keeps me up and on,
The smile is what takes me on a new journey,
Everlasting joy!


I know! I am trudging on eggshells!
I know I will fall! Yet, like the Phoenix, I will rise!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prem ka Intekal

In Pursuit of Happiness

FOUR WALLS - 1