The Confidant

'Let me think', screams my mind,
Confused at the epiphany I just had.
'Just let go' beats my heart,
I am confused, I am going mad.

Thinking about life, fickle existence,
Smiles, tears, worries aplenty,
Holding close my heart, my mind,
Trudging the eventful monotony.

Comfort in soul, silence disconcerting,
The tongue set free, the mind racing,
A beautiful life, filled with sorrow,
Thoughts abound, breath pacing.

The confidant thinks of the weariness
of relationships and credence,
Doubtful trust, conviction dusted off
A voice familiar trails , Could I be trusted?

Hurtful dialogue, immense pain,
The heart numb, the mind bleak,
The soul cringes, my being shrinks,
One word, all havoc wreacked.

Tongue tied, shoulders drooped,
I sink into the darkness within.
Trying to win over thoughts melancholy,
I gently breathe in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prem ka Intekal

In Pursuit of Happiness

FOUR WALLS - 1